Does competition play a helpful role in the life of believers? What if believers were to compete every day for the things that really matter?
Jake Thompson, founder of Compete Every Day, believes it’s transformational and can make a big difference in how we live each day. It can impact our marriages, our work, our friendships, and ultimately our faith.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Your life is worth competing for @Jake_T4CompeteEveryDay” quote=”Your life is worth competing for”]
ABOUT THIS SHOW
- Why competition is a helpful mindset for all areas of life
- The story behind Compete Every Day
- The importance of accountability and coaching
- The dangers of competition and comparison
Listen to the episode here:
COMPETE EVERY DAY
The goal is to compete “me against me” as opposed to competing against everyone else.
Arete is the Greek word for excellence in competition. If we took the attention and precision that athletes take when perfecting their game and applied that to areas of our life that matter to us, it could complete transform us. Consider:
- What would happen in your marriage if you were to compete to have the best marriage you could have? Would you accept anything less than your best effort if you wanted to go to the Olympics? Why do we do that in our marriages?
- How would your work change if you were competing for the prize of employee of the month every month? It’s less about beating everyone else and more about giving your best effort and work.
- Would anything change with your health if you brought a competition mindset to your weight and health goals?
Aaron Walker in episode 022 talks about the importance of master minds to provide accountability.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Remember social media is like watching a movie trailer – it’s only the highlights. @jake_t4″ quote=”Remember social media is like watching a movie trailer – it’s only the highlights” theme=”style2″]
A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller
Top Dog by Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman
5 Olympic Stories about never giving up
Jake’s personal Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/lifeisworthcompetingfor/