Having a vision statement doesn’t mean you have vision. What you may be missing is a vision story; a story so clear and compelling everyone knows what to do.
Scott Beebe, founder of Business on Purpose, shows you how to create a vision story in this episode.
ABOUT THIS SHOW:
- Discover a better way to look at the tension between business and ministry
- Learn how to create a vision story for your business, family and life
- Learn the secret to implementing your vision story
7 Categories of Vision Story
We must be convinced that vision is critical. Without vision people scatter or even die,
- Term – put a date on the calendar by which you’ll get it done
- Family & Freedom – why are you making the money? Specifics
- Financial: What profit do we want in the bank
- Products, services or skills do we we need to offer
- Personnel: Who do we need on the team to deliver this product or service? What is the current team? What is the future team?
- Culture: Biological term that is the result of the ingredients in the environment.
#1: Make it time bound
#2: Make it specific. Don’t just say “I want to work less.” Say “I want to take Fridays off”
#3: Don’t look at these as fragmented items. They are integrated. Prayer, work, family and life are all integrated with one another.
Difference between vision and goal. Vision is a detailed snapshot of the future. Goals are mile markers helping us get there.
OTHER EPISODES REFERENCED:
Several guests have moved from ministry roles to marketplace ministry:
- Tim Schmoyer – http://maninthepew.com/developing-a-ministry-mindset-at-home-and-at-work-with-tim-schmoyer/
- Cliff Ravenscraft – http://maninthepew.com/holy-imagination-learning-dream-cliff-ravenscraft-mitp038/
- Sean Cannell – http://maninthepew.com/persevere-sean-cannell/
Importance of Masterminds with Aaron Walker: http://maninthepew.com/iron-sharpens-iron-join-mastermind-mitp022/
“Without counsel plans fail, but with many advisers they succeed.” (Proverbs 15:22 – ESV)
Glocal: Whatever you do locally, do it globally.
Until we get a real-time understanding of the power of vision, everything that follows will struggle.
“We want to punch hope in the mouth.”
Vision without implementation is hallucination.
Vision is not something that came from JIm Collins, Harvard Business School or Peter Drucker. It started in Genesis 1. God saw.
The reason people are in chaos is because we have no vision of where we want to go.
Vision is a detailed snapshot of a future reality.
If you haven’t written it down, you don’t own it. –
Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. Habbakuk 2:2 (NKJV)
Vision is not just a business concept.
Unicorns are not a strategy
ABOUT SCOTT BEEBE:
Scott is a strategist, teacher, and business coach for My Business On Purpose.
12-week year AFFILIATE LINK):
FREE Vision Course: https://www.mybusinessonpurpose.com/vision